It’s May 1st and I want to hit the restart button on this website. Lately, I’ve been feeling like there is this big disconnection in the blogging world. So many websites with amazing information. However, the majority of them have seemed to have lost something, myself included. We’ve been so focused on giving you great useful content. That we’ve no longer have a personal relationship with our readers.
So Let’s start this month with getting personal!
15 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- I am not money motivated. Don’t get me wrong. I like money, but money doesn’t fuel me. I have turned down jobs with better pay and career advancements because they didn’t fit into my families schedule.
- Some of my family and friends think I’m cheap. It’s not that I’m cheap it’s just that I value items differently from what other people value. An example would be our family going out to dinner. We order water. 6 people at $3 a pop, plus tax and tip = $22.00. $22.00 for soda is ridiculous. (Mentally I have a $2.00 limit for soda at a restaurant with a limit of 2 people) In my mind, I would rather take the family out for ice cream after dinner and spend the $22.00 on that instead of soda.
- I am a basic math nerd. I can add up an entire cart of groceries and be within $5 of the total. I can estimate how much fabric I would need to do a project and be spot on. I know percentages, finance charges, what’s a good deal, etc. However don’t ask me to read a ruler, fraction, or anything algebra or geometry relation.
- I am a great copy cat. If I see something, I can mentally figure out how to make it.
- I can sew, but I have no idea how to read a sewing pattern. Most of the stuff I make is pretty much by figuring it out mentally.
- I can cook and make meals from scratch. I was just having a conversation about this the other day with friends and I was oblivious to how many people can’t do this and rely strictly on recipes.
- I don’t often create new made from scratch meals with guests I invite to eat over. I don’t ever know how the meal will turn out and don’t want to be embarrassed that the dish was not edible.
- Every family photo we do, we take one picture with our eyes closed. We got the idea from the show My Name is Earl. We figured it was easier to ensure all of us had our eyes closed, rather than the fighting to have them all open.
- I feel like when God made me, he used all of his ingredients. He gave me a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I love everything. I want to do and be everything.
- I’m a great friend… now. There’s not much I won’t do to help my friends out. However, when I was younger I was very selfish. If helping you didn’t fit into my life, I wouldn’t do it and would lie about why I couldn’t.
- I love talking to people on the phone. I can talk for hours and I’m a great multi-tasker while doing it. Most of the time, I’m cleaning so this helps my time go by a lot faster. My sister in law runs while talking to me.
- I’m a night owl. My creative juices thrive best at night. If I could stay up till 3 am and sleep until 11 am every morning, I’d be one happy camper.
- I am a story teller. I love telling stories and have so many of them. (All life related of course.)
- My husband and I met on a blind date… however he wasn’t my date. He was the blind date of one of my childhood friends. Fast forward 8 months, we both were lied to by my sister and her boyfriend. Each of them telling us that we wanted each other’s phone number and connected us together.
- I have always been a believer in Christ. But it’s only been within the past 10 years that I started following Him. I have so many “It’s a God thing” stories and the faith I have in him is strong. I’m not ashamed to admit that I am not a theologist. I don’t know all the answers, there are a lot of words I cannot pronounce in the Bible. I can barely remember bible verses, but yet… I am HIS child and he is doing so much in my life.
I hope you enjoyed these 15 Things. A community is so important to me and I hope you feel like you’ve gotten to know me better. I’d like to get to know you too. Which of these 15 things can you most relate to with me? Comment below and share.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- The Summer of Great Memories with Printable Summer Activities Bucket List - July 2, 2020
- 2020 Printable Calendar - December 31, 2019
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019