I’m so excited to start our 52 Week Savings Challenge.
The first few weeks will be simple and throughout the year the challenge will get harder. The purpose of the 52 Week Savings Challenge is to discipline yourself into learning how to save and be committed to saving the amount listed for the appropriate week.
Many people are concerned about the amounts toward the end of the year. It get’s harder to save when we are spending so much during the holiday season. If you are concerned about that too, I have the perfect solution for you. Do this method in reverse! That way you are putting less in the savings towards the end of the year. It’s kind of like you are rewarding yourself by paying less, not to mention this would work great as a Christmas fund!
Today you need to deposit a $1.00 into your savings fund!
What can you give up for $1.00 in order to do this? Here are my 5 tips of finding a $1.00 to spare.
- Forgo the fast food restaurant dollar menu
- Bypass the vending machine at work
- Check the cushions of your couch
- Look down at the ground while walking and pick up loose change
- Skip Redbox for the week
What an easy week! 51 more to go!
Check out my other post 5 ways you can take control of your money.
Next week we’ll be adding $2.00 to our savings fund.
Want to see what’s ahead? Go here to get the 52 Week Savings Challenge Printable Form.
I also want to know if you put more into your savings or did you just stick to the $1.00? Did you have to find the money? If so, what did you do to find the money? Comment below and tell me if you participated in this weeks 52 Week Savings Challenge?
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Fresh and Easy’s Smarter Market – Perfect for Moms on the Go - December 12, 2014
- Outback’s Click Thru Seating – Perfect for Large Families - December 4, 2014
- Free Subscription to Compassion Explorer Magazine - November 30, 2014