Welcome to MomsLifeboat.Com! My name is Gina Horne and I’m so glad that you’ve taken the time to get to know me.
Facts about me:
- I live in Las Vegas, Nevada
- I got married young… 18 days after turning 20. – Which means we’ve been married for 20+ years.
- 3 months later got pregnant with our first child, our only girl (who I delivered naturally).
- Had an ectopic pregnancy and lost a tube.
- Our daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 3 which she beat. Praise the Lord.
- Then almost 10 years into our marriage we were blessed with a birth of identical twin boys (who I delivered naturally and one by c-section)
- Suffered a miscarriage
- 4 years after the twins our youngest son was born (by c-section) and then I made the decision to have my “tube” tied (which I wouldn’t recommend to anyone)
I share with you all this crazy stuff about the births, just so you can see how miraculous it was to have these kids and to be able to share with you that I can relate to your struggles.
During this time… I also worked part time, full time and then finally made the decision to be a stay a home mom, which lead into becoming a work at home mom (via this blog).
Making the choice to become a stay a home mom, took a huge leap of faith. In August of 2009 with our daughter starting High School, the twins starting Kindergarten and our youngest needing to go to daycare. My husband and I found ourselves in a dilemma, with our work schedules we would never see our children. Therefore we prayed about it and felt God calling me to be at home. I didn’t see how this was possible. Plus I was scared to quit my full time job of 12 years. With our expenses and debt there was no way we could financially survive this. We’d be giving up half of our income and with a family of 6 I had to trust that GOD would provide. I can tell you that when I finally took my leap of faith and quit my full-time job to become a stay at home mother, it was one of the scariest decisions in my life.
Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I’ve ever held and I believe it’s even harder once you leave the workplace. That’s why I created Momslifeboat.com.
As moms we tend to tackle so many responsibilities and it get’s to be overwhelming. I’ve often felt as if I was drowning with debt, household duties, parenting, finding time to strengthen my faith and lacking some adult time with other moms. I am always looking for ways to make my home run smoother and make better financial decisions and I want to help you do the same. Please note that on the financial advice I give: I am not a financial consultant, I’m just a normal gal, who struggles financially. The personal finance advice I give on the site, really is “personal”. It’s stuff that has worked for me and my family.
When my youngest son started school full time. I decided to start volunteering and became a MOPS mentor mom. I never knew that faith would lead me to where I am, doing the things in my life that I love while encouraging others.
Thank you for sharing in my journey and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to stay connected!
Check out some of my favorite posts:
We are here to help! Here are all the ways you can stay connected!
Follow me on
Personal Instagram under: Gina_Horne
Momslifboat Instagram under: Momslifeboat
Subscibe to our newsletter
We value our readers, see our disclosure policy.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 2020 Printable Calendar - December 31, 2019
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019