I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
Blueberry pound cake in 10 minutes? Yes, it’s true you can make a blueberry pound cake in less than 10 minutes and the best part is your family and friends will think you slaved over this recipe. Why not make this simple recipe for your family and friends and serve it to them on National Pound Cake Day, which is March 4, 2014!
Having my freezer stocked ahead of time, helps me save time and money especially when you find such great deals. That’s one reason why I love shopping at Smart & Final. At Smart & Final you get all the warehouse store benefits without the cost of a membership. It’s the perfect place to stock up on bulk items. This month I stocked up on freezer essentials such as Sara Lee Pound Cake, Pastry Pride Ready To Whip Topping and First Street Frozen Blueberries. Keeping these items on hand helps when I need to make a quick dessert at the last moment.
Here are the steps on how to make a blueberry pound cake in less than 10 minutes.
Step 1:) Using the Sara Lee Pound Cake remove it from the container and place it in the microwave. Heat on high for about 45 seconds.
Step 2:) Cut the pound cake into 3 layers.
Step 3.) Using Pastry Pride Ready To Whip Topping, it’s time to make the whipped cream. The instructions on the Pastry Pride recommends you let the whip topping defrost in your fridge for 24 hours. This will give you the best consistency of the whipped cream. (However if you are in a pinch like I am and only have a frozen container, I’ll cheat and throw it in the microwave for a minute on high and shake the ingredients and then I’ll repeat the step for another 30-45 seconds.) Now pour about 1/4 of the liquid from the container into a bowl. Using your Kitchen Aid Mixer and wire whip, let it whip for about 1-2 minutes.
Step 4:) Spread whipped topping over the pound cake.
Step 5:) Using your First Street Frozen Blueberries, lay blueberries over top of whipped topping.
Step 6:) Assemble the pound cake back into it’s original form. Then repeat Step 4 and 5 as you assemble it.
Step 7:) Frost the cake with using the remainder of the whipped topping.
Step 8:) Wait at least 30 minutes to serve, giving the blueberries enough time to defrost.
That’s it! In less than 10 minutes you made blueberry pound cake. Pretty simple right?
And now that you know how to make this easy recipe, it’s the perfect time to get stocked up. Smart and Final is celebrating their Frozen Food Month. You’ll save $10 off your next purchase when you spend $40 on participating Frozen Food items. Valid 2/26 – 3/25/14 #ChooseSmart
Just look at the the freezer goodies available at Smart & Final. You’ll be in freezer heaven…
and lastly don’t forget to pick up your goodies to make your Blueberry Pound Cake for National Pound Cake Day!
Be sure to check out all of the following links to stay up to day with Smart and Final. You’ll get great recipes, weekly flyers and the sales you won’t want to miss!
- Find more recipes here: Smart and Final Social Circular
Smart and Final on Twitter
- Smart and Final’s Facebook Page
- 1 16 oz Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups of Pastry Pride Ready to Whip Topping
- 1 - 2 Cups of First Street Frozen Blueberries
- Heat Sara Lee Pound Cake in microwave for 45 seconds
- Cut Sara Lee Pound Cake into 3 layers
- Using mixer, mix 1 cup of Pastry Pride Whipped Topping until whipped topping forms.
- Spread whipped topping over pound cake
- Add 1 cup of First Street Frozen Blueberries over top of layer
- Assemble pound cake in it's original form, adding more whipped topping and blueberries as you assemble
- Frost the remainder of the cake with whipped topping
Remember keep these items on hand and next time your in a pinch, give yourself 10 minutes and you’ll have Blueberry Pound Cake!
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs - March 14, 2017
- Monster Jam World Finals Coupon + Giveaway - March 5, 2017
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - March 2, 2017