Sticking to a budget is one of my weaknesses. I haven’t been able to master the cash only technique because we live in a world of debit/credit. Cash requires me to go inside to pay for gas. I know first-world problems. It only takes a few step to walk inside, but when you have kids in the car it’s becomes a hassle. It’s the same thing when I head to the grocery store. Often times I don’t bring enough cash with me and when I find a good deal I have to pass it up. These are my main budgeting weaknesses. But I’ve found a solution…… Kaiku Prepaid Visa Card.
Many people think having a Prepaid Debit Visa card is for people who don’t have credit or have bad credit. That may be true for some and Kaiku Prepaid Visa Card would be perfect for you if you fall into that category, but I’m going to show you how Kaiku is changing the way my family budgets using their cards.
Note: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Visa Clear Prepaid Designation, Kaiku Finance, LLC. I had the opportunity to test out Kaiku Prepaid Visa Card for the past few months. All opinions given are my own.
First let me share with you my 5 favorite things with Kaiku Prepaid Visa Cards:
1. You can load checks, set up direct deposit, transfer funds and/or deposit cash right into your account. – There are so many easy ways to make sure you have funds in your account. You just need to decide what works best for you.
2. You can add up to 3 additional cards on the account. With the additional cards, these users have access to the same funds. For example you can get one for your spouse and child. This way you can ensure the money is coming out of the right fund.
3. The Kaiku app makes life so easy. With a click of a button you can easily see how much money you have left in the account. No more worries about overdrawing your account or paying overdraft fees. If you don’t have the funds available your transaction will decline.
4. Kaiku offers card control. You have the ability to freeze your account and reactivate it at any time. (This is perfect if you have an authorized user, such as your teenager, whose spending gets out of hand.)
5. The straight forward fee structure is appealing because you know what you get and their are no hidden fees! Which is why Kaiku earned the Visa Clear Prepaid Designation. The fee for the card is minimal. $3 a month or $0 a month with a $750.00 direct deposit.
Now that I’m done sharing my favorite things about the card. Let me share with you how we will be using Kaiku going forward:
- I will be adding my husband and daughter as additional users for the card – we will all have the same color. That will be the card we will use for groceries.
- We will use our current bank account and deposit money into our card. Example $250.00 is our grocery budget allowance.
- I’ll monitor our spending via the Kaiku app and once we are out of funds we are out of funds. No more overspending.
- My husband is getting his own account and we’re doing the same thing for gas. We’ll choose a different card color for our gas purchases.
This card is making our lives so much easier. I doubt I’ll be direct depositing $750.00 to avoid the $3 a month fee. But for $3 a month the price is minimal. I get the convenience of not having to deal with cash or run into the store pay for gas is totally worth it to me. Plus I know I won’t be able to overspend on my card, which my budget loves.
If you’re looking for the best prepaid debit visa, Kaiku is it! It’s the perfect card for teens and adults. By using a prepaid debit Visa card, you get the benefits of credit you don’t ever have to worry about getting into debt because you are using your own money!
There are so many more features you’ll love! ATM access, sending friends money and more. Check out Kaiku.Com for more info and to get your account started today!