Cilantro Lime Chicken is one of my favorite dishes and it’s really simple to bake or grill. This recipe doesn’t require a bunch of ingredients and at the right price, this is one meal you can serve to a lot of people on a budget.
When making this Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe the first thing you’ll need of course is chicken. You can use whatever type of chicken you want, however I chose chicken leg quarters from Smart and Final. These will actually go on sale for $0.79 a lb. starting May 1st. This is a great time to stock up and freeze these. Remember, stockpiling is one of best ways to save money.
Now that we’ve got our chicken, we’ll also need a few other ingredients. Most of the stuff I’m sure you’ll have on hand.
To make this Cilantro Lime Marinade just throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blend.
Then grab a storage bag and place your chicken leg quarters inside the storage bag and let them sit in the refrigerator for about 45 mins.
What I really like about this recipe is that you can bake it or grill it.
To Bake: Dump all of the ingredients from the storage container in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
To Grill: Grill over Medium-Low Heat for about 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Whichever method you choose, to baked or grill the taste of your cilantro lime chicken will be scrumptious!
Now just add some easy side dishes to this recipe. You can add black beans and corn, spanish rice and even some tortillas to stretch the meal even further. The possibilities are endless. Here is the marinade recipe for the Cilantro Lime Chicken. Enjoy!
- 8 Chicken Leg Quarters
- Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 c. Lime Juice
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Throw all of the marinade ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Place chicken in storage bag along with marinade and let sit in refrigerator for about 45 mins.
- To Bake: Dump all of the ingredients from the storage container in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- To Grill: Grill over Medium-Low Heat for about 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Disclosure: “I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #SocialFabric #ChooseSmart The recipe and opinions given are my own.”
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 5 Reasons to Shop Smart & Final + Easy Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Recipe - August 31, 2015
- I’m Having a Norwex Party and You’re Invited - August 21, 2015
- Avoid Middle School Meltdowns Put Walmart Family Mobile to Your Back to School Supply List - August 12, 2015