Creamy Chicken and Potato Soup is the Frugal Friday meal of the week.
Albertson’s has a great sale this week on all of these ingredients
You can get chicken for $1.49lb, a 5lb bag of potatoes for $0.89 and Green Giant Frozen Vegetables for $1.00 Each.
Everything else you probably already have on hand. Making this a really inexpensive recipe to make.
- • ½ Cup Butter
- • 1 Onion
- • 2 ½ pounds of Chicken cubed
- • 2 Pkg Frozen Mixed Vegetables (10oz)
- • 4 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- • 8 Cups of Water
- • 1 cup Milk
- • Salt and Pepper to taste
- • 1 tsp Tabasco
- • 3 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- • ½ Cup Flour
- Over medium heat, melt butter in large pot. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent. Add diced chicken and cook chicken until no longer pink and chicken is slightly browned.
- Add mixed vegetables and potatoes
- Add water and milk. Add Salt, Pepper, Tabasco, Chicken Bouillon and Flour
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are tender.
Latest posts by Gina (see all)
- Disney on Ice Discount Code 2014 - December 11, 2013
- 2014 Calendar – Free Printable - December 6, 2013
- Frozen Movie Review Plus Fun Printable Activities for the Kids - November 27, 2013