Dealing with disappointment is hard and often times you’ll hear the saying…. things happen for a reason? Do you believe it?
If you are saying yes, how do you feel when it happens to your children? As parents we want to encourage our children and shield them from any type of disappointment they may receive in their lives and it gets even harder when you find yourself as disappointed than they are.
For the past few months, our family has been praying for our daughter to pass her tests. Today we found out that she didn’t pass the test and God hasn’t answered our prayer and to be honest I’m mad. In Matthew 7:7 it states “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
What I have to remember is that I’m not on God’s timeline. Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Dealing with disappointment is hard on any level and it’s not an easy pill to swallow. Sometimes it takes a painful disappointment to teach us how to strengthen our faith and skills. For we don’t know God’s will, we just have to trust in his promise.
Dealing with disappointment is easier if you try to follow these 4 tips:
1. Continue to Pray. Remember that God is true to his word.
2. Turn the negative into a positive. This event can be a life changer or make a difference in yours or someone else’s lives. You can also ask yourself if you could have done something different?
3. Be Patient. We are on God’s time not our own. He will answer our prayers when he is ready to and sometimes his answer may be no.
4. Let it out. It’s OK to be upset and angry and talking with someone can help. Just be sure that the person you are talking with is positive.
What suggestions do you have when dealing with disappointment?
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 6 Steps to Help You Accomplish Your New Years Resolution Goals - January 1, 2017
- When You’re a Christian Who Hates Christmas - December 14, 2016
- 8 Cell Phone Stocking Stuffers Ideas - November 29, 2016