Easy Black Bean Soup was such a simple recipe. Most of the stuff you should already have on hand and with the cost of the beans being inexpensive. This is a recipe that will definitely save on your budget.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- pinch of italian seasoning
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) water
- Cook Bacon over med heat until slightly brown.
- Stir in onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the onion turns translucent
- Stir in garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth, and cook over medium-high heat.
- Stir in italian seasoning, cayenne pepper and salt. Add black beans and can of water. Return to a simmer.
- Simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes.
- While cooking, mash about half the beans, this will thicken the soup.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, Please comment below and let me know how you liked it my Easy Black Bean Soup.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019
- Pumpkin Spice Frosting - September 4, 2019