Girl Scout cookies seem to be getting more expensive and the packages and cookies seem to get smaller and smaller. Our cookies cost $4.00 a box. In my opinion Girl Scout Cookies are not worth the price. To me that is crazy!
The marketing behind the cookies is genius! By only offering cookies once a year, we all get suckered into what we can’t have, so we go crazy when we can. Just look at what happened when people couldn’t buy Twinkies anymore. Do you think that if these cookies were offered every day we’d be willing to pay $4.00 for a box. Heck NO!
Taking that into consideration, you should always say No to the co-workers coming in or the parents coming around asking you if you want to buy Girl Scout Cookies. You should also say No to buying in bulk, because of the (I can only have them once a year syndrome).
But even though I feel that the cookies are not worth the price, I still think you should buy at least one box of cookies from a Girl Scout that approaches you.
Why? Because these little girls are learning some amazing life lessons.
- They are learning how to work.
- They are learning how to set and strive to reach their goals.
- They are learning how to deal with money.
- They are learning how to deal with people, face to face.
- They are learning how to deal with someone when they say No.
- They are learning how to work with a team.
- They are learning friendly competition.
Our society needs this! Therefore contributing to one box of cookies will help these girls learn some these imperative life lessons.
Want to make your own cookies throughout the year? Check out the following books:
Whats your thought on buying Girl Scout Cookies? Do you even worry about the price?
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Fresh and Easy’s Smarter Market – Perfect for Moms on the Go - December 12, 2014
- Outback’s Click Thru Seating – Perfect for Large Families - December 4, 2014
- Free Subscription to Compassion Explorer Magazine - November 30, 2014