Homemade cleaners with vinegar are pretty popular because of their many uses and is really cheap to make. Especially if you can get a great deal on vinegar. One of my favorite homemade cleaners with vinegar to make is window cleaner.
Here is what you’ll need and a breakdown of how much it cost.
- Plastic bottle (one time cost) = $.98
- Vinegar =$1.14. But I used a $1 off coupon and got it for $.14. (See how couponing can save you money)
- Rubbing alcohol = $1.28
- Water = FREE
My first bottle cost us about $1.30 to make but the next bottle will be cheaper since we now have our plastic bottle. The next time we make it, it will only cost less than $.50 a bottle. Either way – that’s a lot cheaper (and more effective) than most brand name window cleaners.
Plus I love this window cleaner because it cleans my mirrors without streaks!
I’m sure you have most of these ingredients in your home, why not give it a try.
Do you already make homemade cleaners? What’s your favorite homemade cleaner made with vinegar? Comment below.
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 small plastic spray bottle
- Add all the ingredients above to plastic bottle
- SMILE - because it was THAT easy to make your own
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - February 21, 2023
- 2023 Printable Calendar - December 28, 2022
- 2022 Free Printable Calendar - December 31, 2021
I am always looking for new ways to utilize more natural cost effective ways to clean, disinfect and use vinegar for a number of uses; rust removal, cleaning showerheads, and I add it to my whites to freshen the load. Please keep providing info! Love to see how and what others are doing. I learned a lot of “old school’ tips from my grandmother who grew up in the great depression as the middle child with 14 siblings so learning to stretch the buck and finding other uses for common household items was the way of her world.
I use orange peels, putting them in jar, covering them with vinegar and letting them set in a dark place for a couple weeks. It makes a great cleaner that’s strong due to the orange oil produced.