This Jalapeno Plum Jam has simple ingredients. The only ingredient I had to grab at the store were jalapenos. Everything else I had on hand. This recipe on heat level on a scale of 1-10 is probably about a 6. Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapenos in this recipe.
- 6 cups of Pureed Plums
- 12 Jalapenos, 6 deseeded, stems removed
- 6 cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 6 Tbs of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs of Butter
- Remove Pits from plums, place plums (skin and all) in blender.
- Add Jalepenos into blender and puree until smooth.
- Over med-high heat, in medium sauce pan add pureed items and then add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Heat and stir constantly until temperature reaches 220 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes longer. (If you don't have a thermometer heat until reaches a rapid boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, should be about 30-35 minutes)
- Scoop jelly onto a spoon and let cool. Once cooled it should thicken up and create a skin-like layer. If this didn't happen, continue cooking the jam until it does. (It may take longer than the 30-35 mins)
- Meanwhile...while jam is cooking, heat and sterilize canning jars. In another small sauce pan heat canning lids to boil.
- When jam mixture is done, add jam into heated sterilized canning jars. Add enough until you reach the rim line. Take a knife and insert it into the center of the jar, this will remove any bubbles. Then add canning lid and lightly tighten the rim.
- Place in warm pot of water and make sure you have about 2 inches of water above the jar. Heat to boil. Once pot reaches to a boil, heat for about 10-15 minutes and remove jar. Once removed leave it for 24 hours before moving.
It’s the new favorite jelly in our house and this recipe made 4 pints jars of Jalapeno Plum Jam.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs - March 14, 2017
- Monster Jam World Finals Coupon + Giveaway - March 5, 2017
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - March 2, 2017