Turkey Pot Pie Soup
I wanted to make an easy Turkey Pot Pie Soup, with items we’re sure to have leftover with. Such as Carrots, Celery and Potatoes not to mention I recipes with simple ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 4 Carrots, Chopped
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 8 Cups of Water
- 3 Cups of Turkey shredded or cubed
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- In a large pot, place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
- Add bouillon and water and bring mixture to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until ingredients are pasty. Add milk and whisk together.
- Pour flour mixture into the soup mixture and stir until sauce thickens. If you want a thicker sauce repeat step 3 until you reach desired consistency.
- Add Turkey and reduce heat to low and cook for about 10-15 more minutes.
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter into mixture and mix with a fork/pastry cutter, until crumbs are coarse. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time, until mixture will form into a ball shape. You may not use all of the water and that’s OK.
- Once ball is formed, wrap in plastic wrap until baking time. You can make this ahead of time and leave in fridge.
- When ready to use roll crust onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees until crust is golden brown.
- Add to soup and serve.
How did you like this Turkey Pot Pie Soup Recipe? Want a similar recipe? Try my Turkey Pot Pie recipe instead.
Turkey Pot Pie Soup
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Warning: You’re Losing Money by Not Making These 10 Blackberry Recipes - April 23, 2015
- 5 Graduation Party Places You May Have Overlooked - April 23, 2015
- Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs - March 30, 2015