Turkey Pot Pie
Leftover Turkey: Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Chopped
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Turkey shredded or cubed
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
- Add bouillon and water and bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir until ingredients are pasty. Add ½ cup of Milk and whisk together.
- Pour flour mixture into the vegetable mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add 2 cups of Turkey and turn off heat.
- In a 9in Pie Pan, Layout one Pillsbury pie crust
- Add mixture over top of the pie crust. *Key is to ensure the mixture is warm – if it’s too hot, your pie crust will come out soggy.
- Take remaining Pie crust and roll out and place over top of the filling.
- Use a fork around the edge to mend crust together. Add about 4 slits to the top crust to let out the steam
- Bake in preheated over for 35-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
The following two tabs change content below.
Gina is an overwhelmed mother of 4 children which includes twins. She often looks for ways to make life a little easier. When she's not chauffeuring her kids to school, cleaning the house or taking her kids to their activities, she finds her sanity though this blog and through social media. Her journey would not succeed without remembering to put Faith first, Family second and Work third.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019
- Pumpkin Spice Frosting - September 4, 2019