Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Chopped
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Turkey shredded or cubed
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
- Add bouillon and water and bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir until ingredients are pasty. Add ½ cup of Milk and whisk together.
- Pour flour mixture into the vegetable mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add 2 cups of Turkey and turn off heat.
- In a 9in Pie Pan, Layout one Pillsbury pie crust
- Add mixture over top of the pie crust. *Key is to ensure the mixture is warm – if it’s too hot, your pie crust will come out soggy.
- Take remaining Pie crust and roll out and place over top of the filling.
- Use a fork around the edge to mend crust together. Add about 4 slits to the top crust to let out the steam
- Bake in preheated over for 35-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs - March 14, 2017
- Monster Jam World Finals Coupon + Giveaway - March 5, 2017
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - March 2, 2017