I was born with Italian and Asian roots. However I think that I should have been born with some Latina roots as well since I love making Mexican inspired dishes. Today’s Mexican inspired dish is a Mexican Calzone. I team up with Del Real Foods using some of their products to create this recipe.
This recipe is really easy to make. Y’all know I like simple and easy recipes and since! With the items from Del Real being precooked, I can make and get dinner on the table in less time it would have taken me to order pizza.
- Pizza Dough (Store bought or homemade if you're feeling adventurous)
- Del Real Frijoles Refritos - Refried Beans
- Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef- Carne Deshebrada
- Jack & Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Roll out pizza dough in 8" circle, flattening out edges.
- Layer refried beans in the lower half of the dough
- Over top of beans layer shredded beef
- Layer jack and cheddar cheese
- Top with salsa
- Fold top half of pizza dough over top of filling.
- Twist and roll the edges. There is no wrong way of sealing this. Just make sure the seal is tight.
- Cut 3 air vents at the top.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and 1 tbsp of water. Then brush over top of dough.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 15 minutes.
Here are step by step tutorial for making this Mexican Calzone.
How to make a calzone is simple! Plus you can put whatever you want in it! So get creative!
Be sure to pin this image and save it for later!!
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 2020 Printable Calendar - December 31, 2019
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019