I was born with Italian and Asian roots. However I think that I should have been born with some Latina roots as well since I love making Mexican inspired dishes. Today’s Mexican inspired dish is a Mexican Calzone. I team up with Del Real Foods using some of their products to create this recipe.
This recipe is really easy to make. Y’all know I like simple and easy recipes and since! With the items from Del Real being precooked, I can make and get dinner on the table in less time it would have taken me to order pizza.
- Pizza Dough (Store bought or homemade if you're feeling adventurous)
- Del Real Frijoles Refritos - Refried Beans
- Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef- Carne Deshebrada
- Jack & Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Roll out pizza dough in 8" circle, flattening out edges.
- Layer refried beans in the lower half of the dough
- Over top of beans layer shredded beef
- Layer jack and cheddar cheese
- Top with salsa
- Fold top half of pizza dough over top of filling.
- Twist and roll the edges. There is no wrong way of sealing this. Just make sure the seal is tight.
- Cut 3 air vents at the top.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and 1 tbsp of water. Then brush over top of dough.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 15 minutes.
Here are step by step tutorial for making this Mexican Calzone.
How to make a calzone is simple! Plus you can put whatever you want in it! So get creative!
Be sure to pin this image and save it for later!!