Making pearsauce instead of applesauce came to mind when I was actually craving some homemade applesauce. When I looked in my fruit basket and noticed all of my pears were to ripe to eat I figured why waste them. I could make pearsauce instead. This worked out perfect too because sometimes we buy more fruit than we can handle and I love to find ways to savor every bit.
Do you have pears that look likes these? And when you touch them, you can practically poke your finger right through it?
Don’t let the bruising scare you either. The riper the pear is the more flavorful it can be.
To make pearsauce, start by removing the skin and seeds. I used about 6 large pears.
add it to your blender…
and puree it to a smooth consistency.
After, take your pureed pears and place it in a crockpot or in a pot on the stove top. Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of sugar.
If using the crockpot method cook on low for about 6 hours. Or you can place it in a pot on the stove top and heat over medium heat until mixure bubbles. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 30 minutes. Stirring often. Let cool and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Pretty simple and you’ve just made yourself some fabulous homemade pearsauce!
- 6 Large Overly Ripe Pears
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Remove skin and seeds from pears
- Puree in blender until you reach a smooth consistency
- Add lemon juice, sugar and stir.
- Crockpot method: Cook on low for about 6 hour. Stovetop method: Heat over medium heat until mixture bubbles. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 30 minutes. Stirring often.
- Let Cool.
- Sprinkle with Cinnanmon
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 2020 Printable Calendar - December 31, 2019
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019