Pineapple Habanero Sauce is one of our favorites. We usually buy our pineapple habanero sauce at Costco and it’s about $8.00 a bottle. We go through multiple bottles a month and it was getting to be an expensive treat. Therefore I wanted to make a cheaper version without compromising the taste we loved.
This recipe can be used as a pineapple habanero salsa, can be used on fish and all sorts of other dishes. Comparing the cost between my homemade pineapple habanero sauce to the one at Costco it was roughly $3.00 a bottle. Making this recipe less than half the cost. Plus this recipe yields just over 2 quarts and would make roughly 2 bottles.
- 2 Cans of Pineapple Chunks in it's own juice
- 1 16oz Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 Habaneros, deseeded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- Add pineapple, mango, sugar, lime juice and habaneros in blended and blend to desired consistency. I like mine with a small chunks.
- Pour into bowl and add red and yellow bell peppers.
Makes 2 Quarts
Be sure to make some homemade tortilla chips to go along with this.
Comment below and let me know how you plan to use this pineapple habanero sauce.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Prepaid Made Simple with the Walmart MoneyCard Mastercard - October 21, 2014
- Gnome, Zombie, Boxer Homemade Halloween Costumes Vs. Store Bought - October 20, 2014
- 10 Free Kid Friendly Pumpkin Carving Patterns - October 15, 2014