How to spend quality time with your child. You don’t have to do much or even spend a lot of money to spend quality time with your child. Just spending time with them is important. I’ve put together a list of 5 ways to spend quality time with your child.
5 Ways to Spend Quality Time with Your Child:
1. Have a date night alone with your child. Let this be the time that they get to spend alone with Mom and Dad without competing with their siblings to get your full attention.
2. Be available. Children love to pick the most impromptu moments to address a problem. Whatever you are doing, STOP. Give them the few moments they need to deal with their issue.
3. Play games. One of the games we play daily as a family happens to be in our car. We play pac-man which is any yellow colored car we see. The person that spots the car first, gets a point. We also try to have family game night weekly with our children too.
4. Teach your child some of your skills. My husband is an all around handyman, he teaches our boys how to fix things on our cars and around the house. I on the other hand, can teach them how to cook, garden, and sew. Whatever your skill are, pass it on to your children.
5. Family trips. These trips are important because this is when the most memories are made. From toddler tantrums to disastrous camping trips. Those ended up being our most treasured vacation stories.
You may also want to consider learning your child’s love language. This was a great book that helped me learn that each of my children are different. For example one child likes affection to be shown while the other likes having time spent with him.
It’s important to remember to not let busy lives interfere and make sure you spend quality time with your child.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 2020 Printable Calendar - December 31, 2019
- 6 Free Printable Encouragement Notes and Postcards - September 14, 2019
- Pumpkin Butter - September 10, 2019