These sweet corn dog muffins are something my kids beg me to make. They love corn dogs, and I enjoy them too, minus the deep fry. I recently got a bunch of hot dogs on sale and decided it would be great to surprise my kids with some sweet corn dog muffins when they got home from school.
This recipe is so simple to make, plus these are the greatest things to freeze! Just store these sweet corn dog muffins in the freezer in a ziploc container and when you are ready, just pop them into the microwave and the kids have a wonderful snack within seconds.
- 1/ 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 10 hot dogs, cut into 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal baking powder and salt in medium sized bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl. Mix well
- Add flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups filling cups about 2/3 full.
- take 2 pieces of hot dogs and add into cups.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Test with toothpick until center comes out clean.
If you don’t want to fuss with making these from scratch, you could grab a box of jiffy mix and just add hot dogs, that’s a much simpler version for sweet corn dog muffins.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie - May 26, 2015
- The Easiest Way to Freeze Bananas! So Simple You’ll Never Throw out a Banana Again - May 16, 2015
- Make Money at Home – Using Your Computer - May 11, 2015