Making this sweet potato bread recipe is pretty easy, most of the ingredients you’ll need you likely already have on hand in your pantry.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (I boiled these until tender, removed skins then mashed)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine sugar and oil; beat well.
- Add eggs and beat for another 1-2 minutes
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture then add water.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and (optional) chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour, test to make sure knife or tooth pick comes out clean.
Be sure to make this in bulk batches. Sweet potato bread is perfect for freezing.
Now the hard question.. oh and be sure to comment below do you put butter on your sweet potato bread?
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- Christmas Maze Game – Help Santa - December 2, 2023
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a Debt Free Christmas - December 1, 2023
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - February 21, 2023