Hard boiled eggs, oven baked? Who would have thought. If you’ve been googling how to hard boil eggs you should really try this. This was so simple, I doubt you’ll go back to boiling eggs again.
This post brought to you by Honey Bunches of Oats. All opinions are 100% mine.
Honey Bunches of Oats Morning Energy Cereal – Just what you need to get you going in the morning and all day long.
Being a Mom of 4, I’m always looking for ways to make my life easier, especially in the mornings. I’ll admit that I’m not really a morning person. I hit my alarm clock several times and wait until the last possible minute to get out of bed. There are some days that I’ll talk myself into a few extra minutes and then I’m rushing to get everything done that morning. Since mornings are not my forte, I rarely ever cook a warm breakfast for my children in the morning. I know that breakfast is important that that’s why we rely on cereal.
Egg Casserole are one of our weekend life saver dishes. This is the perfect dish for Christmas morning too. With this recipe you don’t have to worry about cleaning up a lot of dishes or serving it with a bunch of sides. Plus you can make it the night before, throw it in the oven while your are opening up presents and breakfast is ready in now time.
This is my go to casserole, I especially love making my Egg Casserole Recipe on Sundays. Sunday is a really busy day for us, especially in the morning, when we are trying to get the kids ready for church. It seems that we are often running out the door and I don’t have time to feed my kids a warm breakfast. This is the perfect dish for that, because I can throw this together and by the time we are all showered and dressed, our breakfast will be ready.
- 2 Tbs. Country Crock Spread
- 1 lb of sausage
- 8 ggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns potatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional 2 Tbsp of hot sauce
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with 2 tbsp of Country Crock Spread set aside
- In a medium saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Tip: cook this a day ahead and store it in the fridge
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and hot sauce; stir.
- Lay potatoes in greased casserole dish
- Lay sausage over top of potatoes
- Then pour egg mixture evenly over top of sausage and poatoes.
- Top with cheese and cover.
- Bake for about 40 minutes
- Remove cover and bake for 15 more minutes until eggs are fully set.
- Serve warm, with a side of toast and your favorite Country Crock spread.
Be sure to check out all of our other recipes.
Comment below and tell me what your favorite casserole dish is. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
This week’s Freezer Recipes will be centered around Tortillas! Yup! It’s all about Tortillas.
I made 5 different freezer meals and here is the shopping list of all the items I needed:
- 108 Tortillas
- 5 lbs Cheese (I used the Mexican Blend)
- 1 can diced chilies
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 4 Taco Seasoning Packets
- 3 Cups of Rice (Brown or White)
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- 1 8oz, Cream cheese
- 1 32 oz package sliced Ham or Turkey
- 18 Eggs
As you can see from the list, my recipes weren’t hard, in fact they were pretty simple.
The first recipe I’d like to share with you is:
Freezer Breakfast Burrito
- 18 Tortillas
- 18 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Shredded Cheese (Any Flavor)
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat them until they are a pale yellow.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk continue to beat until mixed together, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease pan with (cooking spray, 1 tsp oil or 2 tsp butter) Heat over medium heat until pan is hot.
- Add eggs and with a spatula gently push one edge of the egg into the center. Continue to do this until all eggs are firm.
- Heat Tortillas in microwave for 30-45 sec
- Then add eggs and cheese on top of tortilla and roll into a burrito.
- To roll burrito, fold in sides first then roll.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap then store in freezer bag and freeze.
- To Reheat Burrito, place in microwave for about 30-45 secs and continue to do this until center of the burrito is warm.
- To reheat in oven heat oven at 400 degrees and heat for 15-20 minutes.
Other things you can include in your burritos are: Meat, Bell Peppers, Onions, Jalapenos and more.
Join me tomorrow for our next recipe Freezer Recipe Chicken Quesadillas
Chocolate Granola Bars has become a family favorite in our household. They are so yummy, not to mention really simple to make.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup of Oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Add Butter, Peanut Butter and Honey until melted. Stir Often
- Add oats and wheat germ, stir, until all ingredients are mixed together
- Ingredients should look like this:
- Add chocolate chips and coconut and stir, until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil. Pour ingredients into the pan and just press them flat and uniformed.
- Place in the fridge until ingredients are solid. Cut into desired width and serve.