I buy a lot of eggs. Usually I’m grabbing about 5 dozen at a time or if I find a sale I’ll stock up and buy even more. We don’t always go through our eggs quick enough. Some months are quicker than others. But since we buy so many at a time I want to ensure I’m always using a good egg.
This week’s Freezer Recipes will be centered around Tortillas! Yup! It’s all about Tortillas.
I made 5 different freezer meals and here is the shopping list of all the items I needed:
- 108 Tortillas
- 5 lbs Cheese (I used the Mexican Blend)
- 1 can diced chilies
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 4 Taco Seasoning Packets
- 3 Cups of Rice (Brown or White)
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- 1 8oz, Cream cheese
- 1 32 oz package sliced Ham or Turkey
- 18 Eggs
As you can see from the list, my recipes weren’t hard, in fact they were pretty simple.
The first recipe I’d like to share with you is:
Freezer Breakfast Burrito
- 18 Tortillas
- 18 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Shredded Cheese (Any Flavor)
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat them until they are a pale yellow.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk continue to beat until mixed together, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease pan with (cooking spray, 1 tsp oil or 2 tsp butter) Heat over medium heat until pan is hot.
- Add eggs and with a spatula gently push one edge of the egg into the center. Continue to do this until all eggs are firm.
- Heat Tortillas in microwave for 30-45 sec
- Then add eggs and cheese on top of tortilla and roll into a burrito.
- To roll burrito, fold in sides first then roll.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap then store in freezer bag and freeze.
- To Reheat Burrito, place in microwave for about 30-45 secs and continue to do this until center of the burrito is warm.
- To reheat in oven heat oven at 400 degrees and heat for 15-20 minutes.
Other things you can include in your burritos are: Meat, Bell Peppers, Onions, Jalapenos and more.
Join me tomorrow for our next recipe Freezer Recipe Chicken Quesadillas