Wet’n Wild Las Vegas opened up it’s new park last year. I was really excited for the park to come back to Las Vegas. I have such fond memories of spending the summer at Wet’n Wild and I couldn’t wait to bring my kids. I just wasn’t sure my kids were ready to go and honestly the thought of taking them and having to watch the kids all day seemed exhausting.
I had also heard that the park wasn’t what it used to be when it was located on the strip. It was smaller, had less rides and just wasn’t the same. Well after my family and I attended, it definitely wasn’t the same but let me tell you that the park far exceeded my expectations. Note: I received this opportunity to take my family to Wet’n Wild on behalf of US Family Guide. All opinions given are my own.
Wet’n Wild was fun for the entire family. I worried the most about my 6 year old attending, who doesn’t swim well. I didn’t want to have to be in one part of the park while his brothers wanted to go to another. But with him being 45 inches tall he was able to ride almost every ride. What I also loved was that Wet’n Wild no longer had those deep swimming pools like they did, when they were on the strip. So when the ride ended he was able to get up and walk off.
My 10 year olds were able to go on every ride and they had a blast. My 19 year old loved it and even my husband and I had a blast too. It really was fun for the entire family. For younger children and those shorter than 42 inches there aren’t many rides they can do, but Splash Island was extremely fun for the kids.
Here are some pictures of our favorite rides.
But before you head there I wanted to share with you… 10 Tips to Make Your Wet’n Wild Las Vegas Day More Enjoyable
1. Check the weather – You want to make sure their isn’t a call for rain and thunderstorms. We had some inclement weather that closed down the attractions and we had to wait for the rides to reopen.
2. Bring a portable canopy – Seating fills up pretty quick. So if you don’t get to the park early enough consider bringing a portable canopy. There are several grassy areas you can set up your canopy in.
3. Consider buying the express band – If you don’t want to wait in line on those busy days. Get an express band. It’s pretty simple to use. You scan your express band at the kiosk and it tells you how long the wait per ride is. Choose your ride and then head on over. You’ll get to jump to the front of the lines. Standard express bands are $25.00/weekday $30.00/weekend.
4. Rent a locker – There are several sizes to choose from and with unlimited access to your locker it gives you some piece of mind that your belongings are safe. Small is $8.00, Medium $10.00 and Large is $12.00.
6. Apply sunscreen and reapply – This is one thing we forgot to do. We applied sunscreen (my daughter tanning lotion) when we got there and then with all of the excitement of the rides our sunscreen wore off and we ended up getting sunburned.
7. Grab a life vest – If your little swimmer doesn’t swim well, grab a life vest. Wet’n Wild provides several to use right at then entrance of the lazy river and wave pool.
8. Wear flip flops or water shoes – The concrete gets hot. So bring flip flops or water shoes to get around the park with.
10. Rent a private Cabana – if your budget will allow and enjoy the day in luxury.
Now that you know all of these tips, let me help you save as well. Be sure to grab this coupon and have fun.
Comment below and share with me your favorite ride or the ride you can’t wait to go on at Wet N Wild Las Vegas.
Latest posts by Gina Horne (see all)
- 10 Outdoor Sports Season Must Have Items for the ‘Spoiled Parent’ - February 21, 2023
- 2023 Printable Calendar - December 28, 2022
- 2022 Free Printable Calendar - December 31, 2021